Marmiteboy - Urbane Warrior.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

No, I think you'll find that you're it.

Gimpy Mumpy tagged me with a Meme.

Now I'm not really sure what one of those is, but thank you anyway. Also, my rubbish home pc won't let me do html within posts so I can't really do it properly so apologies.

Two jobs in my life

Plate washer (virtual slave labour at 80 pence an hour for a 12 hour day)

Civil Servant (my current employ)

Two films I could watch over and over.

AmeliƩ

The Shawshank Redemption

Two places I have lived.

The Wirral, Merseyside

Benfleet, Essex (place of my birth).

Two TV series that I enjoy.

Porridge.

Brideshead Revisited.

Two places I have been on vacation.

Northern Ireland (beautiful place, wonderful people).

Paris

Two foods I love.

Stuffed hearts.

Marmite on Toast (obviously)

Four Websites I visit daily.

The Diary of a Goldfish.

Gimpy Mumpy.

Lady Bracknell.

BBC Ouch (my homepage).

Two bloggers who should play.

Turtle.

Wildchild.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Goldfish said...

Actually it was me that tagged you, but it doesn't matter. Young Jedi , yet to learnt the ways of the Meme, is.

What is a stuffed heart? What is it stuffed with?

2:50 pm

 
Blogger Katie said...

HI Marmite! Great answers there!

I think mine would be:

Two Jobs I have had in the past:

Retail assistant for a florist( rubbish wages but great fun learning to make bouquets and bows anyway)

Office worker (my current job for a disability charity)

Two films I could watch over and over:

Bridget Jones
Inside I'm dancing

Two places where I've lived:

Letchworth, Hertfordshire
Codicote Village, Herts( My family's old house

Two Tv series I enjoy are:

Child of our time
The Vicar of Dibley

Two plces I have been on vacation:

White Rock-Canada- to see my uncle and aunt!, great place!

Barbados( great place also, loveed the steel bands they have there!)

Two foods I love:

Fish and Chips
Marks and Spencer Peking Duck and Hoi Sin Noodles

Four websirtes I visit daily are:

Hood's Island MSN group
BBC Ouch - obviously!
All my blogpals weblogs!
Blindkiss
Damon Rose's weblog Do Your Worst

8:33 pm

 
Blogger marmiteboy said...

Goldfish,

I thought Mumpy had tagged me when she said she visited my site? It seems I was wrong. It must be whan you get someone else to play then. My apologies.

What is a stuffed heart I hear you ask? Well you take a little baa-lamb and then slaughter it. Casting aside everything but the heart you stuff it with sage and onion stuffing or. You then bake them in the oven very slowly. Make a delicious gravy, serve with some seasonal vegetables and Bob's yer Dads brother.

They are extremely yummy.

The Goldfish needs to be taught the art of the offal.

7:59 am

 
Blogger pete said...

What a liverly recipe and offally nice thread;-)

10:03 am

 
Blogger The Goldfish said...

As a meat-eater, I cannot possibly justify my... nausea at the idea of eating heart. What is it like? Is it like liver or kidneys and things or is it very much a taste of its own?

4:34 pm

 
Blogger marmiteboy said...

Goldfish,

Hearts are not like polythene at all. In fact they are very yummy. Come to think of it CD is right. Ox heart is the nicest. I think they have a creamy texture and if you are are a fan of the fat on beef you'll be in luck. It has that type of taste. They aren't really like anything else though. I would send you some by post but they might be a bit worse for wear when they ariived ;-)

1:46 pm

 
Blogger The Goldfish said...

No, definitely don't want any in the post thanks! I did once receive a tin of mushy peas and a jar of pineapple jam in the post from AJ before we got together. The jam was following a lengthy e-mail debate about whether pineapple conserve would be a jam or a marmalade... young love, eh?

5:27 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home