Marmiteboy - Urbane Warrior.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back.

So Big Brother has ended. And surprise, surprise the so called non-celebrity has won. The fact that in the weeks that Chantelle Houghton has been in the house certain lads mags have been printing pictures of her topless has nothing to do with any agent of course. I, myself as a non-celeb has an agent looking after my affairs, as I'm sure all you do too. How else would those carefully taken pictures of my secret assignations with Hollywood starlets get in the papers ;-)

I don't believe the voting patterns either. Now I don't really watch BB but I do keep up with what's going on. I think we have been manuipulated even more than usual here. I believe that the programme makers know who is going to win before the show starts. I'm not saying that Houghton or anyone else in the house is complicit in this deception, but I think we don't really get a true picture of what is going on. We are being manipulated in my opinion.

Which leads me to the main reason for this post. Big Brother has been going for six seasons now with about 70 people being involved. Why haven't there been any crips involved? We had black and asian contestants and gay and straight contestants. We've had men and women contestants.And we've had Pete Burns!! Why have there been no disabled comtestants. It can't JUST be because the Big Brother House is the most inaccessible house in the country can it? There must be some other more sinister reason.

There must have been, by the law of averages, some disabled people who have applied to Big Brother. Have any of these been interviewed or auditioned? Why hasn't there been a wheelchair user, or a blind person, a deaf person, a mobility impaired person or a diabetic in Big Brother. Is it because the production company doesn't want to show how a disabled person lives their life day to day? Maybe it would be too much trouble to adapt the house if the need be. Maybe they don't want to give a disabled person the opportunity to be in the game. Maybe BB really is a reflection of society and the opportunities denied us in the real world are reflected by Big Brothers continued refusal to have a disabled person in the house.

Or are we just too clever to get involved in this maniplulative nonsense. I hope this is the reason we haven't had anyone taking part rather than any discrimination. I fear I might be wrong though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home