Marmiteboy - Urbane Warrior.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

I Got Sunburnt Waiting For The Jets To Land.

There isn't much going on in Marmiteworld this weekend, which is quite nice. It means I can recharge my batteries and not do an awful lot. I have just finished Stuart Maconie's excellent memoir of a music journalist 'Cider With Roadies' and I have forsaken the telly for some serious music listening. Here is my current playlist

Young Team - Mogwai
The Concretes - The Concretes
Last Splash - The Breeders
Keep On Your Mean Side - The Kills
Meat Is Murder - The Smiths
The Queen Is Dead - The Smiths
50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong - The Fall
Elephant - The White Stripes
It's A Wonderful Life - Sparklehorse
Funny Little Frog - Belle And Sebastian
Clap Your Hands And Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands And Say Yeah
Crisis Helpline - The Beauty Shop
Back To Nature - Fad Gadget
Seven Swans - Sufjan Stevens

The title from this post is one of all time favourite lyrics and is taken from 'Piano Fire' a quite brilliant song taken from the third album It's A Wonderful Life by the wonderous Sparklehorse.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicola said...

hmmmm...they were never the best lyricists though were they...'i took the crutch from underneath my crippled friend' or something...

3:32 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home