Marmiteboy - Urbane Warrior.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Hanging On The Telephone.

I'm not a happy Marmite today. Not even Marmite served thinly spread on Keira Knightley could lift my gloom (okay that last bit was a lie).

I'm having a bit of trouble with access to the internet. My telephone company has a fault with it's Voicemail service which means that the signal that tells you that someone has left a message on your voicemail is there, even though there is no message. This broken signal stops access to the internet for some reason and although this has been going on since I got back from Cornwall on Tuesday, it is still not resolved!!

I have rung them on three ocassions now and have been told that the problem will be resolved 'as soon as possible', which means precisely nothing. They told me that I could change the modem settings on my computer to bypass the problem, but I've tried that and it didn't work.

I can't see it being resolved very quickly either what with New Year and all, so I am current without the facility to surf at leisure. I'm currently in the library and only have about 20 minutes left on the clock. It's a right bummer.

Anyway I hope you all had a great Christams and have a fruitful 2006.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Goldfish said...

Technical problems can be infuriating, especially when no proper information is forthcoming. Still, I hope you had a good Christmas in Cornwall and wish you a happier, healthier New Year!

7:27 pm

 
Blogger Katie said...

I agree!

Techinical problems can be a bummer sometimes! I had trouble when the fire at Hemel caused everyone to use their computers and phone lines to check if friends and loved ones were safe, I couldn't even get on the internet that time! Grr!

Happy new year Marmiteboy! Hope you have a great year!

2:06 am

 
Blogger marmiteboy said...

Thanks folks. I'm back now. It was mended at 1130p.m. on New Years Day.

12:46 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home