Marmiteboy - Urbane Warrior.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Look Into My Eyes, You're Getting Very Sleepy.

After another bout of increased anxiety, which has made me feel pretty shit agian for the last two weeks I have decided to be proactive about some treatment. I have got a referral to a local counselling service via my GP, which I attended last year without a great deal of success, but the wait is at least 8 weeks. Last year it took nearly 6 months to get an appointment and their treatment was group therapy which I found to be no use at all. When I asked for further treatment (which I would have had to pay for) the clinic advised me that there would be a wait and that they would contact me. As you've probably already guessed they never did.

This time I know that another 2 or 3 month wait will do me no good at all, so I rang a psychotherapist last week and went along for a free initial consultation on Friday. The lady was very nice and easy to talk to. She practices both psyhoanalysis and hypnotherapy and has said that she will combine the two. I have never been under hypnosis before and it is a bit scary but apparently hypnosis taps into the subconcious and can be very successful. I am self aware enough to know that my anxiety and low self esteem stem from my childhood and that taking the drugs and trying to put on a brave face will not make me feel better. I have been told that I will have a few bad weeks when the stuff I'm talking about will make me feel really down, but I am prepared to go for it. It will be expensive and could take a while (there is no instant cure for psychological problems), but if it works then it shall be worth it. Just feeling confident again and waking up in the morning not feeling like I've had a nightmare will be fabulous.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas and Santa brings everyone lots of lovely presents. Thanks to everyone who has sent supportive e-mails to me throughout the year and to anyone else who has taken the time to read my blog.

Cheers, I really appreciate it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Thanks for the kind comments to us here Marmiteboy, hope you feel better soon in the new year.

Feel free to email me if you want a chat.

AbleGirl/Katie

10:30 pm

 
Blogger pete said...

Twiglet: "Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under. Now you must bring home every night a big piece of fillet steak and a roast chicken and place it in our bowls" Three, Two, One your'e awake!

11:34 am

 
Blogger marmiteboy said...

Ha,

I think Twiglet and Marmite's Auntie Crin will be delivering them some chicken on Christmas Day. I think she has already been pre-programmed.

12:46 pm

 
Blogger Melbamae said...

Hi Marmite,

Well I can't for a moment say I understand anxiety, but I hope you find the help you need to reduce it. It's obviously having a very major and negative impact on your existence that you could obviously do without.

Mr. Melbamae used hypnotherapy with great success when he was in hospital after his accident. He was able to reduce his pain levels to almost nil. Hopefully you'll be a good subject, go under easily, respond positively and fairly quickly.

Happy holidays to you and the kittens.

9:06 pm

 
Blogger stella said...

I hope you have a Mar-mighty Christmas!!! Will email you all my goss over the Christmas break!

Mwah!!
Stella

10:26 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home