Marmiteboy - Urbane Warrior.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Marmite and Baked Beans - The Perfect Combination.


Marmite, it seems, has a new favourite food. Just of late he has decided that that British classic, the humble baked bean, will do for him just nicely. I had finished my tea and went off to make a quick cuppa and when I returned to the lounge I found him tucking in. Now to be fair he doesn't actually eat the bean part but he is rather partial to the lovely sauce. It wasn't a one off either as I tried him later that week with some more and he tucked in again.

Last night I had pancetta and mushrooms on toast in balsamic vinegar and the lad was happy to eat both pancetta (with as meat is quite normal for a kitty) as well as the mushrooms. The balsamic vinegar, he said, just added to the flavour cutting through the butter, adding an edge of acidity. Another favourite is spaghetti bolognese and he has had chicken korma too, although he says he could have done with it being a bit spicier!! His brother Twiglet prefers Felix.

Thanks to Lady Bracknell's editor who converted my phone picture onto her pc and e-mailed it back to me.

5 Comments:

Blogger marmiteboy said...

We had a cat once called Lizzie who I blogged about last year after she died at the ripe old age of 16. When she was younger she used to eat plums. My Mum used to have a couple of plums with her lunch and Lizzie would end up having at least half of one. She wouldn't leave Mum alone until she got her share.

8:57 am

 
Blogger pete said...

I would be worried about the Marmites flatus (and I make no distintion here between the 'Marmites'). I wonder if he suffers at all from eating Beanz?

pete who cannot play La Marseillaise from his.........

Wesh Cakes Charles? Yuuuck had a surfiet of the when I lived in the valleys. cannot see why they were hyped up so much. I think Custard is just living up to his name! Would you have called him 'Crème anglaise'?

Or perhaps if Marmite had said G'day to me perhaps his cutie would have been called Vegemite?

1:39 pm

 
Blogger pete said...

Sorry everybody. The bit that reads Would you have called him 'Crème anglaise'? Should read...
Would you have called him 'Crème anglaise' if you were French?

I think it would have been far better if I had kept me trap shut.
Pardon Mes Amis;-)

1:43 pm

 
Blogger pete said...

Charles,
Je suis très désolé. Custard pardonne à un vieil pitre.

OK sorry Marmite, no more bad french from me to litter up your board;-)

3:47 pm

 
Blogger E F RICE said...

Pancetta, mushrooms in balsamic vinegar on toast ...... oooohhhhh !!! One realy is moving up in the world, it's all these 24 hr cooking channels you watch !

8:07 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home