Marmiteboy - Urbane Warrior.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Lizzie - A Top Cat.

I phoned my parents last night just to say hello and my Mum answered in tears. Her oldest cat Lizzie was close to death and she thought she'd had a fit. She said she'd phone me back.

The next hour or so wasn't very pleasent as I sat worrying. She rang back and told me she had died peacefully while she was holding her.

She'd had kidney problems over the last year or so and was on a new diet which she wasn't keen on. She liked her biscuits did Liz and wasn't allowed to have them anymore. I'm glad my Mum was there at the end and didn't have to make a decision to have her put down.

Lizzie was a stray 4 month old kitten when she found my Mum and Dad 16 years ago. She just turned up on the doorstep for about a week. When they asked around the village nobody knew anything about her. She was named Lizzie because she was found on the Lizard in Cornwall.

I've not met such a chilled out sweet natured cat. She chirrupped whenever she saw you and came running up the path to meet you. Even to me who visits my Mum and Dad about three times a year. She loved to lie on the back of the sofa in the morning soaking up the sun and then she would move to the other side of the lounge to lie on the chair when the sun moved round.

Until recently she was a little barrel, all fat in the middle and short little legs, she wasn't really overweight just a funny shape. She was a 'voler' right up until the end and was always bringing in presents for my Mum.

She demanded to be brushed at least half a dozen times a day. Usually when you were sitting on the loo, her comb was kept in the bathroom and she would walk into the kitchen and just stare at you, meouw and turn round and waalk into the bathroom. You HAD to follow her, there was no argument, she wanted a comb and you had to drop everything and comb her. She was tolerant of her 3 step brothers and sisiters and took on the dowager role in the house. She would sometimes deem to talk to them but only if she felt like it.

She was one cool cat and I'm gonna miss her.

Cheers Lizzer you were fab. xx

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Marmite, she sounded like a great kitty!

pete

1:39 pm

 
Blogger marmiteboy said...

Thanks folks, you're all very kind.

It may seem strange writing an obitury for a cat but she was lovely.

Marmiteboy

5:26 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fully agree with charlesdarwin there. Cats, pets are very much a part of the family. You see their personality so clearly! They make great companions.

I've been there, two cats passed on. One got run over 8 years ago. The other had to be put down due to total blindness caused by kidney issues over 2 years ago Very sad time. We just have the dog now.

My condolences marmite. We've always got the memories of our pets who've moved on.

4:34 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home