Marmiteboy - Urbane Warrior.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Blimey, This Is Quick.

Hurrah, I have entered the 21st Century at last. For today I had a Broadband Internet connection installed. For many years I have been struggling by with Windows 95 and as a consequence a very slow Internet connection. Coupled with a knackered keyboard and a very old and shagged out PC it made blogging a pain in the backside. I have managed over the last 9 months or so by using the library facilities blog.

No more!! I have lovely,lovely broadband. How marvellous it is. I can't actually believe how quick it is. I used to be able to go and make a cup of tea whilst a page downloaded. Not now though. Not with 10 meg of download speed.

As a write this I am listening to the radio on the laptop. Now I have a radio of course but this is a bit of a novelty so please indulge me. My worry now, is that I will spend millions of pounds on Amazon now I can get on it properly. And as for EBay! I'm keeping well away.

Hopefully I can get back to blogging more frequently now. I've really missed it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

May Lady Bracknell be the first to say, "About bleedin' time!!"?

8:52 pm

 
Blogger seahorse said...

I share your joy at new technology. I was running Windows ME from a similarly creaking machine until recently. I now have something far more lovely, which does all sorts of things I don't understand. I have mastered storage of photos, but music files, and the organisation of, is quite beyond me. Looking forward to more posts.

10:10 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back MB. I too am thankful I finally got broadband.

8:26 am

 
Blogger marmiteboy said...

Thanks folks. It's good to be back.

10:58 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home