Marmiteboy - Urbane Warrior.

Friday, November 11, 2005

'I Want To Be Straight.'

It's one of my 'I hate being a crip days' today. On most days I celebrate the fact because it gives me so much, but today I'm really down, anxious and sore. I usually end up making things worse for myself by giving myself a really hard time. Inanimate objects bear the brunt of my frustration at struggling to get in and out of the car, or not having a free hand when carrying stuff or when I trip over my stick.

I ws prescribed new meds yesterday so once they've bedded in maybe I'll feel a little bit better.
I know I'll be okay at some stage and I'll be criptastic again but today I'm cranky. I've been off work for two days at that worries me because I've had too much time off in the last eighteen months or so. I find it really difficult to concentrate when I'm there. It's quite a cerebral job and I'm not the brightest star in the sky and I really have to work at it even appear half way decent so feeling like I do doesn't help any.


Anyway I've been trying to maintain equilibrium by mainly listening too:

Elliot Smith - XO
Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise
Martha Wainwright - Martha Wainwright
Ian Dury - Reasons To Be Cheerful
The Fall - 50, 000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong
Laura Vires - Year Of Meteors
Fiery Furnaces - Rehearsing My Choir
The Cramps - Off The Bone
( ) - Sigur Ros
Sparklehorse - It's A Wonderful Life
Gabriel Yared - Betty Blue Soundtrack
The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow
Errol Garner - Concert By The Sea
Stacey Kent - The Tender Trap.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Goldfish said...

Sorry to hear you're having a crip-cranky day today. I hope you have a relaxing weekend and return to your usual criptastic really soon.

6:34 pm

 
Blogger pete said...

Wotcha MB I echo the Goldfishs sentiments entirely!

The mogs are waiting for ya!

7:15 pm

 
Blogger marmiteboy said...

Thanks folks,

I'm a little less cranky today. I'm not shouting at inanimate objects somuch anyway.

7:25 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home