Marmiteboy - Urbane Warrior.

Friday, October 19, 2007

With Great Age Comes Great Responsibility.


A rather lovely thing has happened to me lately. I have been with Lily now for over 18 months and it has been fantastic. She is a warm, kind, gorgeous and lovely person who I love lots and lots.
As you may have seen in these pages Lily has a daughter called Sybil. Sybs is a star. She is very, very funny, loves reading, computers, cool tv programmes like Bod, Camberwick Green, Trumpton, Chigley and Mr Benn, likes her comics (she loves the Beano so much that she won't let anyone else read it. Ever.) She likes Bakewell Tart, Jaffa Cakes, fishfingers, breaded fish, chicken nuggets, bread and butter, cheese sandwiches, Kit-Kats, milk and orange juice. She loves pussy cats but doesn't like flies.
She is into music and is a real indie chick. Her current favourites are Teenage Fanclub (that's my Fannies t-shirt she is sporting in the picture above), The Slits (her favourite favourite), Camera Obscura, Belle and Sebastian, Kings of Convenience, The Wonderstuff and Ben Folds Five. I love her very much.
Oh and as of 9th October I am her official guardian. Life is good.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

Marmite, what a wonderful post! I am so pleased for you.

Congratulations on becoming Sybil's guardian.

9:39 pm

 
Blogger The Goldfish said...

That's fantastic news! Congratulations! And good for Lily; I'm sure you'll do an excellent job, as I'm sure you've already made a hugely positive impact in her life. :-)

11:42 am

 
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

I feel like Smuggy McSmug now because I've known this for a week :-)

By the way, might that photograph have been taken with a real camera...?

7:43 pm

 
Blogger marmiteboy said...

Indeed it was. Looks good don't it!

1:21 pm

 
Blogger Clair said...

How lovely - and it sounds like you're all living in the glorious Seventies!

11:03 pm

 
Blogger seahorse said...

Many congratulations, and that was a lovely post.

11:11 pm

 
Blogger Casdok said...

Lily is a lucky lady!
And Sybs sounds fantasitc!
Warmest wishes to you all. x

8:40 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home