Marmiteboy - Urbane Warrior.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

100 Not Out.

Blimey!! I've just noticed that this is my 100 post since joining the bloggersphere. That's an average of 2 a week since I started on 24th August last year.

They say that a year is a long time in politics and from now on they might be saying that a year is a long time in the life of Marmiteboy. A lot has happened to me in the last year. I have become a festival steward (soon to be repeated next week at this years Reading Festival), I have been tattooed again, gone through a bout of depression and received some therapy that has changed my life, I've seen countless bands, read loads of great books and am looking forward to being part of the Booker Prize judging panel with the reading group I'm a member of and I have bought way too many pairs of trainers but not enough cds.

One of my bested friends is now a member of 'The Establishment' after deservedly receiving an MBE this year. Another one of my best mates became a Dad for the first time. Best of all though is that I met Lily. She has been so fantastic for me. I never thought it would happen and I just assumed I'd be on the shelf for the rest of my days. Now I know I won't. Thanks darling.

Being a blogger has introduced me to loads of fab people. A few of us were posters on Ouch and that started to get a bit silly (lots of trolls about) and it seems that we all decided to do this instead. Some people like The Goldfish and Turtle were blogging long ago and I for one am glad I decided to join them. I wouldn't have met Stella or Gimpy Mumpy if I hadn't been blogging.

Blogging is good. Here's to the next 100 entries.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Goldfish said...

Congratulations Marmite! The blogosphere is richer for your presence.

I'm currently on 378, but I have no life... ;-)

11:36 am

 
Blogger marmiteboy said...

Bloody hell. Mind you've been at it longer than me ;-)

12:06 pm

 
Blogger James Medhurst said...

Congratulations on your centenary!

8:19 pm

 
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Young Master Marmite is indeed a very different Marmite from the one he was twelve months ago.

Rarely has Lady Bracknell witnessed such a dramatic change in self-confidence in so short a period. Indeed, she hardly recognises her old friend in the new spruced-up Marmite About Town.

8:21 pm

 
Blogger stella said...

Awww, I'm all choked up! Meeting you has made blogging a very worthwhile thing for me. Even though I'm terrible at it. :)

Here's to a much better blogger than me, and a few pints when I finally get my little toosh to your part of the world!

Stell xx

2:58 am

 
Blogger marmiteboy said...

Thanks folks,

The change in me has also been helped by you lot. You have been very supportive and it means a lot to me to have mayes like you.

MB

9:42 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home