I've been tagged by Goldfish. Here are the rules:
- Let others know who tagged you. (See above)
- Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
- Those who are tagged should post these rules and 8 random facts.
- Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
So now I have to think of 8 random me related facts. Hmm, okay here goes nothing.
- I have appeared on BBC Radio Cornwall several times. I have been a guest on the, now departed, jazz show hosted by Roy Stears and my Dad. There was no family favour involved however as Roy was the one who invited me on. I have twice chosen all the records on the show in a kind of Desert Island Discs affair and once I was involved in a section of the programme dedicated to jazz singer Stacey Kent. For some reason they thought I was an expert!!! Maybe it was because I have been to "Up that London" more than once.
- I have three points on my driving license. I incurred these as a result of an act of kindness. The Editor received an award and the ceremony was in some dark satanic North Western town. I was engaged as a driver for the event and ferried her (on a rare night off) and Auntie Jan to the swish event held at a Rugby League ground (these Northerners know how to hold a do!!). I was on the way back to Bracknell Towers from this event that I was nicked by a roadside camera doing 37 miles per hour in a 30 mile an hour zone.
- I didn't walk until I was two. Before that I propelled myself by shuffling along on my bum. I was pretty quick by all accounts.
- On the day of my sister's birth I ate the end of a torch. It was a bendy torch and had a small bulb on the end of it. Well it did until I had a munch anyway. My Mum was, as you can imagine, very upset at this and rang the doctor straight away. I was forced to eat copious amounts of porridge as a precaution against the glass damaging my insides. I suffered no ill effects.
- My lounge wall is covered in cuttings from childrens magazines. Dora The Explorer, The Tweenies, The Teletubbies and The Mr Men are in evidence. These are not my cuttings. Sybil is the culprit but I'm quite happy to keep them there.
- The second gig that I ever went to was Toyah at the Hammersmith Odeon. She was shit. I quickly learnt that not all gigs you go to are any good.
- I once did a Saturday job gardening for a old man called Mr Parrott. I received 50 pence and hour and my tasks included digging piles of pidgeon shit into the soil as fertilizer. Not something I'd recommend.
- The first record I ever bought with my own money was 'Devil Gate Drive' by Suzi Quatro. I still have it. Somewhere.
Right my turn to tag. As I don't spread my net too far on the blogsosphere some of you might have already been tagged. Sorry if have. I tag the following: