Marmiteboy - Urbane Warrior.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Bloggers Block.

Have you ever had writers block? If you are a writer you probably have. I would never call myself a writer. I blog about all kinds of shite. Sometimes it has a point to make. I can be a gobby so and so sometimes and I feel very passionate about many things and I will kick off about discrimination be it racism, sexism or disablism if something gets my goat.

I am equally likely to write about the things that I love. Books, food and music are on the agenda here. Most people won't be interested in half (or maybe all) of the bands that I go and see but I would have loved to have been a music journo (without the pretentious bollocks they spout) and it fuels my dream.

I love lists. And I post a fair few. One of my mates once said that Hi-Fidelity, Nick Hornby's book on a music obessive reminded him of me such is my love of listing my 'favourite album track of the 90's' or my 'favourite jazz track'.

But today I can't think of anything to write about at all. Bloggers Block has hit the Boy Marmite.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger seahorse said...

I applaud you for writing about not knowing what to write about. Given that the other 99 per cent of the time you have no trouble, I would treat this as temporary.

5:33 pm

 
Blogger marmiteboy said...

Thanks Seahorse, I appreciate that.

1:05 pm

 
Blogger pete said...

Bloggers Block hit me as soon as i started my blog and it ain't got any better. There is so much shite on me blog, it should come with a gas mask!

Carry on marmite your doing ok;-)

pete

2:26 pm

 
Blogger marmiteboy said...

Rubbish Pete, I live your stuff. The pussie playing piano for a start. I love it.

3:16 pm

 
Blogger pete said...

Thanks mate;-)

3:33 pm

 
Blogger stella said...

Dear Marmite... I am alive and well, despite the odd and extended absence. I haven't blogged in a long time, apart from www.myspace.com/stellsoldout. I have a new job and all sorts of new things in my life, including a rather lovely boy. Visiting your blog again made me smile, so I thought I'd let you know. Love Stella x

12:49 pm

 
Blogger DD said...

After years of reading and occasional commenting, I'm a new Blogger, and Bloggers Block strikes with fearful regularity. I never ceased to be amazed at all the interesting stuff other Bloggers come up with. How do you do it?

1:37 pm

 
Blogger marmiteboy said...

Hi Stella,

Great to hear from you. I'll be visiting your Myspace page as soon as. I'm a convert to Myspace to.

Dame Honoria,

Thank you for your comments. I don't know how I come up with things apart from gig reviews which nobody probably reads anyway, things usually just pop into my head unannounced. I wish I was as creative as Lady B or Goldfish for example but I just don't get the inspiration.

3:57 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home